As part of our responsibilities we aim to reduce these impacts where possible and in doing so contribute towards a safe and healthy environment for disabled people today and in future generations.
Papworth Trust is committed to:
- Developing sustainably. That is development that meets the need of the present without compromising the abilities of future generations to meet their own needs
- Continually improving its environmental performance
- Preventing pollution
- Complying and where possible exceeding environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice
Our policy is to:
- Reduce our gas, water and electricity consumption by 5% yearly based on 2014 figures
- Continually invest in renewable energy sources and efficiency improving technology for all owned buildings and encourage landlords to do likewise for buildings under leasehold
- Reduce business transport emissions by 5% yearly based on 2013 figures by investing in more efficient vehicles and reducing mileage
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing initial consumption, re-using materials when possible and recycling
- Take strong consideration within the procurement process to ensure suppliers and contractors meet environmental standards.
- Promote the enhancement of the biodiversity of flora and fauna
Papworth Trust will review this policy on an annual basis ensuring it is up to date with legislation, changes to the organisation and any other factors.
This policy will be communicated to all employees and relevant training provided to raise awareness of environmental issues.
Take a look at Papworth Trust's Facilities Environmental Report 2015 for more information.