Life skill support: providing support to adults with learning disabilities
- Huntingdon, PE29 3RR
- Tuesday and / or Wednesday mornings 9:30am - 12pm
- Agreed in advance expenses reimbursed
The Papworth Trust Centre in Huntingdon enables disabled people to try new things in a fun and friendly atmosphere, so they develop confidence and new life skills.
The centre offers a variety of leisure activities and independent living skills with sessions including arts & crafts, gardening , music, exercise, drama, IT, cookery, work-skills, print and design, literacy and numeracy as well as trips out to go shopping or to the cinema.
We are currently looking for a volunteer to support our disabled clients in a range of sessions such as maths, English, cookery and independent living skills.
- Assist clients with participating in activities set by the session leader.
- Support clients of varying abilities to complete tasks set by the tutor.
- Inspire customers to do the very best they can with every activity.
- Encourage clients to express themselves and to interact well with others.
- Reassure and support clients to remain safe if they need time away from the group.
- Assist with setting up and packing away at the start and end of the session.
Skills, Qualities and Qualifications:
- Good communication skills - verbal and non-verbal
- Able to explain tasks in a variety of different ways to suit individual learners needs
- Able to listen effectively
- Friendly and approachable
- Supportive, Inclusive and Patient
- Good level of numeracy and literacy skills
- Competent cook if wanting to assist in cookery sessions
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to follow instruction
How to apply:
Please download and complete the Volunteer Application form and the Diversity and Equality form on this page.
Then email your forms to email@example.com, or post them to: FREEPOST RRXK-CTTT-KELH, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Papworth Trust, Papworth Everard, Cambridgeshire, CB23 3RG
If you would like this information in any other format, please let us know.