Papworth Trust is very proud to be a Disability Confident Leader.
Disability Confident compliments the work we do and helps us to be recognised for supporting disabled people, while continually developing and improving as we work towards achieving Level 3 'Leader' status.
This status also recognises the work we do to support organisations and disabled people in the wider community we work in.
As part of our commitment to becoming a Disability Confident Leader, we have:
- Launched equality and diversity training and disability training across the whole organisation
- Engaged a new occupational health supplier who can carry out workplace assessments and provide on-site meetings for our employees, providing a much more tailored service
- Launched new management expectations which includes how we expect managers to behave and support staff and customers and recognise equality and diversity in the workplace
- Held a reverse jobs fair to encourage local organisations and businesses to come and talk openly about any fears or unanswered questions they may have around disability, so that we can help break down the barriers and dispel the myths
- Delivered speeches and attended forums to talk about our approach to employment support, both in terms of supporting disabled people into work, whilst they are in work and to progress in work