First Steps To Success Cambridgeshire is a bespoke employment support programme designed to support people who have learning disabilities and/or autism to realise their employment aspirations. This could be:
- Become work ready
- Enter into sustainable, paid employment
- Gain work placement positions and work experience
- Volunteering opportunities
How will First Steps to Success support me?
- We will work with you so that you gain the skills needed to achieve your aspirations.
- We will provide you with weekly one-to-one support with an advisor who will get to know you and your likes and dislikes.
- We will talk to you about what you want to do, what you have done before and discuss any concerns you may have about working.
- Encourage you to think about employment as a future option and understand what work might mean for you.
- Understand what in your life may be stopping you from getting a job and help you to overcome this.
- Support you to write a CV.
- Help you search for the right job for you.
- Show you how to fill out a job application.
- Teach you some interview skills.
- Build your confidence so that you feel ready to apply for a job.
- Help you to show employers your skills.
- Make sure that you’re ready for work.
Click on the image above to view the First Steps to Success Cambridge leaflet
- Has a mild to moderate Learning Disability or Autism
- Aged 18 years and over
- Living in Cambridge and the surrounding area
How to make a referral
- Referrals can be made by contacting Rebecca Smith on 0300 4562425 (extension: 11220) or mobile 07753 724256. Alternatively, you can email Rebecca.Smith@papworthtrust.org.uk.
- We will also accept self-referrals from individuals that meet the criteria
- If you would like someone to attend the initial appointment with you, we will happily accommodate that.
- First Steps to Success is a free service and you do not have to be accessing benefits to apply.
- We are based at the Papworth Trust Cambridge Centre, Hawthorn Way, Cambridge, CB4 1AX.
Working closely with local organisations
We are always seeking local organisations who would like to work alongside us by way of:
- Promoting your organisation by way of referrals, networking and signposting individuals to your services.
- Offering training courses, apprenticeships and education.
- Providing work trials, volunteering opportunities and employment in a supportive setting.
Find out more