You're offline. This is a cached version of the page.
Abuse can take place in any setting. This includes, but is not limited to:
- In your home
- In someone else’s home (relatives or friends)
- In a residential or nursing home
- In a day centre, adult education or other establishment
- In a hospital or GP surgery
- At work
- In a public place
The person responsible for the abuse might be a stranger but often they are well known to the adult being abused.
They may be:
- A relative, friend or neighbour
- A paid or volunteer carer
- A professional worker
- Another resident or service user
- An occasional visitor or service provider